Award season, the Oscar goes to
Arts & Entertainment
Tuesday, Feb. 7, 2012
Editor: Desiree Pontarelli Email: email@example.com
Tuesday, Feb. 7, 2012
Odd, yet appropriate February holidays The Day the Music Died: Feb. 3 Every Feb. 3, immortalizes 'The Day the Music Died' by reminiscing the death of the 1950s music icons; Buddy Holly, Richie Valens and the Big Bopper who died in an airplane crash on Feb. 3, 1959 at the cusp of their musical eminence. Dump You Significant Jerk Week: Feb. 5-11 Does the very thought of Valentines Day make you queazy? Maybe you're single and not too thrilled about spending another V-Day alone while being bombarded by the sight PDA and flowers. Maybe you're in a relationship, but don't feel it takes one commercial holiday to express that four-letter word for your partner. Or even better, you've been in a bad relationship with a break up that's long overdue. You have a dedicated week to dump the loser in your life. Get a Different Name Day: Feb. 13 Everyone is furnished with a first, middle and last name at birth. It's the first thing most learn to spell and write out. Regardless, you didn't get a say in choosing the title so if you aren't fond of it, today was created for you to change it. Just be sure to announce your altered alias to your family, friends, and professors! Chocolate Mint Day: Feb. 19 Didn't get enough chocolate on Valentines Day? You get a second chocolatey chance at all things chocolate mint flavored. Chocoholics and mint enthusiasts be sure to to get your fix whether ice cream, cakes, or candies. Public Sleeping Day:Feb. 28 Up too late studying? Maybe you're not a book worm, but more of a party animal. Regardless, Feb. 27 is your best bet to paint the city red because on Feb. 28, is your favorable chance to publicly catch some Z's. Whether you chose to do so on the city bus, on a park bench, on the job, or in class...do so at your own risk!
JoAnn Gallery/Scottsdale Chronicle Craig Jackson (in the pannel, fifth from the left) watching as the 1954 MERCEDES-BENZ 300SL was auctioned off on the big screen for $2,200,000.00
Darryle Royal/Scottsdale Chronicle Kazimierz World Wine Bar, an unmarked building in a back alley of old town Scottsdale contains stained glass windows and a sign hung where one would generally expect to find the door.
"I love all of dresses that Brad Goreski, from "The Rachel Zoe Project" -Laura Ellman
Our funds are very low. Please help us feed students in need of meals on campus.
Sponsored by the Scottsdale Chronicle
You may give online: https://www.maricopa.edu/foundation/egive/ Select Scottsdale Community College in the first pull-down menu in the center of the page, then Heart to Heart Scholarship in the pull-down menu below it. We operate entirely by individual donations.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent Chronicle News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST CHRONICLE NEWS
RECENT CHRONICLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Got a Headache? Manage it With Chiropractic Care
- 3 Pescadores Rescatados en el Mar gracias a Dispositivo GPS
- When It Comes to Winter Roof Checkups, the Attic Is Your...
- Is It Time to Sell Your Structured Settlement for Cash?
- Pest Proof Now to Protect Homes for Winter
- 3 Fishermen Rescued at Sea Thanks to GPS Device
- Mes de la Hispanidad inspira liderazgo, empoderamiento,...
- Majority of Moms and Moms-to-Be Believe in Public...
- Wineries Speak Up About the Benefits of Using Natural Cork
- Taking a Holistic Approach to Fit Living
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Over 2,000 Groups Prepare to “Hit the Streets” with Volunteers and Celebrities for National Voter Registration Day on September 23, 2014
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections